Building quality links is essential for success with traffic and search.
I promised to show you how to put your link building efforts on autopilot. So let’s see exactly how to build links without a staggering effort.
It works like this:
First, you need to do a little legwork. By completing these tasks in advance and working in focused bursts, you’ll lay the foundation to spend much less time scrambling around trying to grow your website’s link profile.
Spend some time making a few lists. You want to make lists of:
- Influencers, press and bloggers in your niche. Who has authority and trust in your space? Who reviews the latest products and services? Note the relevant players.
- Guest posting opportunities. Guest blogging is one of the best ways to get quality links to your website. Make your job easier by identifying possible guest posting possibilities in advance.
- Broken links. You can get some great links by reaching out to sites linking to outdated resources and letting them know a better site to link to (yours!). In fact, there are a few ways to build links with broken links.
- Possible keywords. Use tools like SEMrush, Majestic SEO or Searchmetrics to see the keywords that your competition is already ranking for.
- Blog aggregators. Sites like Technorati and Scoop It can be useful for getting do follow links and more eyeballs on your content.
- Relevant directories, listings, and resource pages. Getting your website listed in reputable directories, listings, and resource pages is one of the easiest ways to get links back to your site.